YUTA on NCT 127 OFFICIAL BOOK Vol. 5

YUTA on NCT 127 OFFICIAL BOOK Vol. 5
Released on
Translated JP>ZH by 中本悠太_OnlyForYUTA; ZH>EN by @dearapril5

scan credit: @9Vl6q9

Yuta's Café Life

A café is a place where you can read a book and completely enjoy your time alone. Because I really like nature, ideally I want a coffee shop that is isolated within the mountains surrounded by trees. I want to go out on a day with nice weather where I sit on the terrace drinking coffee while enjoying a book or listening to music. I prefer to read science fiction books. I want to go alone without being disturbed and completely enjoy some quiet time.

I easily accumulate heat in my body so I would definitely have iced americano in the morning. Isn't coffee a diuretic? So it seems I rely on it to alleviate water retention (laughs). I usually order a regular sized cup. I don't have a good stomach so I can't drink a lot. However, coffee is a necessity to me, so I finish two cups a day. If I feel like drinking more, I will have three to four cups. If I have a schedule that lasts from morning to night, I would have about four cups. Even if I drink a lot of coffee, I can still sleep normally (laughs). Also, since I don't really like sweets, aside from the iced americano, I don't really order anything else. If I feel very tired, I may order something like green tea… I order so little I can't even name what I would order (laughs).

For desserts, if I have a dessert with a lot of whipped cream, I take one bite and it's already enough for me. I prefer something with citrus or raspberry and have a refreshing cheesecake when I order. Although I've said that I don't really order desserts, I don't know why but recently I've been eating donuts more often (laughs). Maybe it's because my schedule has been so packed that my body just needs something sweet after the long day. I like a donut that is soft, glutinous, and sweet, not hard and crunchy.

I have a donut place I really like and love their chocolate donuts because the chocolate is refreshing and not heavy, and the dough is soft and sweet. I like foods like rice cakes and squid which are soft and have a chewy mouthfeel (laughs). I also like Korean rice cakes. They're a little hard but also chewy. It all relates to the texture of the donut that I like.

I used to go to the café with the members quite often. There is a café in Anguk-dong in Seoul that Johnny, Mark and I visit together often. When someone asks, "Where should we go to relax?" I would say, "Let's go to Anguk-dong." You don't really have to say anything. Once you're on the terrace, you feel very much at ease. We visited there often before the pandemic. If the whole group were to go to a café, then it would be better if the place had a quiet atmosphere. I personally do not like noisy and crowded places, but I wonder what the members think about it (laughs). I definitely prefer a café in the mountains over the one in the city. Johnny and I definitely prefer americano. Since Doyoung, Jungwoo and Mark are not good with coffee, maybe order something sweet. If it were up to me, I would order everyone an americano and then to balance everything out, I would order cakes and desserts (laughs).


Promise for NCTzen 127 – Japan
It's hard to say it in just one sentence. Even if I'm in Korea, whenever I see how well we're doing in Japan, I can deeply feel the continuous support that everyone in Japan has been giving us, and there are things that are conveyed to me even more precisely because we can't go to Japan. The Japanese Czennies always say "thank you", but we want to express our gratitude in return. Therefore, I really want to see the fans in 2022. Whether it be through a concert or in another form, I want to be closer to the fans. I'm not saying that we are emotionally distant from one another, but I want to repay everyone with something tangible.

2021
I gradually obtained opportunities to work on my own, and the group has also gradually achieved something tangible. It was a very fulfilling year, but it was really a pity that we couldn't meet Czennies offline. It would be great if we could deliver the concert to everyone earlier.

Challenge
2021 brought about so many new challenges, for 2022… Skiing or the like? No. Wait. I'm sure I wouldn't do it so I'm gonna bail that (laughs). Hmm, I want to be able to eat an eggplant (laughs). In 2022, I want to get closer with the dreadful eggplant.

Growth
I once again realized that there are things in life that we shouldn't take for granted. This also goes for meeting directly, which was something that we used to do so easily. Because of the situation, the things that we could not do multiplied. It happened just as we started gaining confidence as a group, but it was because of the fans that we were able to grasp something tangible [in the first place]. I grew up to see this aspect.

2022 Three Resolutions

  1. Hold an offline concert
  2. I want to solidify my own foundation both in terms of my work and my being. 2022 may be a little difficult, but I want to lay a long-term plan to be a 35-year-old – a cool and dandy adult.
  3. Enjoy everything no matter what happens. I now deeply understand that even if you get good results, if you yourself do not enjoy it, then you will never feel a sense of accomplishment. This is why I want to enjoy everything and let it nourish me/ keep me going. This is how I would want to work.

Memory
NCT 127's third album title track Sticker was able to win a Grand Slam. I didn't know about it before, but a fan told me during a fansign that a Grand Slam is when you win all the music shows in Korea. I was also very happy that we were able to appear in Music Station and Sukkiri, which are programs I have watched since I was little.

✽ ✽ ✽

Comments