YUTA on ELLE JAPON – 2022 December Issue COVER
YUTA on ELLE JAPON – 2022 December Issue COVER
Released on
Text by Mika Hosoya
Translated by
@cloudNYT
ELLE MEETS NCT 127 YUTA
Passion knows no bounds! YUTA's challenge to open new doors
YUTA is the only Japanese member of the Korean global group NCT 127. His group completed their first dome tour in Japan in the early summer, and YUTA made his acting debut in the movie HiGH&LOW THE WORST X in September. Dressed stylishly in LOUIS VUITTON's 2022 Fall/Winter collection, YUTA shows us a new side of him in this special shoot.
-
A mature expression dwells in the stylish kaftan (p. 262)
Wearing a beautiful kaftan dress with floral embroidery, YUTA commented, "I can feel the attention to detail. I also like the smooth feel of the shirt." - Playfulness is important in fashion! (p. 263)
Playfully coordinating a bag that looks like a real can of paint, he commented, "I think the playful spirit of the brand that started out with travel bags is wonderful." -
Moved by the mischievous hat (p. 265)
"This hat felt so fresh, and I felt like it brought out my poses." After the photoshoot ended, YUTA expressed his gratitude to the hat by saying, "Thank you."
Days filled with love and gratitude. Aspirations for the future pick up speed.
After a long period of time of not being able to stand on stage, NCT 127 completed their dome tour in Japan. For YUTA, "It was a tour where I felt even more synergy with the fans."
"I strongly felt that this is where we truly belong. If there are people who love us, I want to do something more for them. I have been singing and dancing for myself, but I think this tour sprouted a greater sense of gratitude within me."
In his first film role in the movie HiGH&LOW THE WORST X, he stole the hearts of the audience with his well-controlled acting and impactful action scenes, and engraved his presence on the big screen as actor Yuta Nakamoto.
"I received an offer for a passionate work where fists clashed at a time during the pandemic when I had unfulfilled feelings that I had yet to completely burn out, so I think it came at a great timing. As someone who went to Korea at the age of 16, I felt like I was experiencing my youth every day."
Through individual activities, a renewed sense of love and respect for the members was felt.
"We've been together for a long time since we were trainees, so usually there are times when I think, "Wait. What's going on!?" (laughs). But when I started doing solo activities, I realized how lonely and uneasy it feels without the members next to me. I realized that it was thanks to everyone that I am able to step forward with confidence."
With the warm place of NCT as his base, YUTA says, "I would like to challenge acting again, and I would also like to show my favorite rock style of music." With the dedicated efforts he has made, he will surely be promised a future that will open to many new doors.
JOURNEYS OF PERFUME
Journey through the world of LOUIS VUITTON fragrances with YUTA
LOUIS VUITTON's fragrance collection allows you to enjoy a fragrance journey according to different situations and moods. Among the many fragrances, NCT 127 YUTA has selected 5 perfume scents. Along with his impression of each perfume, YUTA embarks on a journey of "memories" awakened by fragrance.
"Fragrance of Memory" that Travels Through the Land of Memories
For YUTA, putting on fragrance is something that can bring about a change in mood in his daily life. "Like fashion, fragrance is one of the things that can elevate one's mood. It's also something that can give you confidence. I want to stay motivated at all times, so even when I'm at home, I dress up nicely and wear perfume." Before going to sleep, he selects a sweet fragrance that gently envelops him. "When I was little, I liked to sleep hugging my mom's arms while being enveloped in her sweet scent (laughs). That is why even now, sweet scents still bring me comfort, and have become a staple when I want to relax. Fragrance is very important to me because it is tied to a lot of memories."
-
Spell On You – Wrapped in Sweet Temptation
YUTA says he likes wearing fragrances that have a hint of sweetness. Regarding the floral and vibrant "Spell on You", he said, "The moment I put it on, I thought, 'Ah, I like this scent.' It felt somewhat nostalgic and comforting, and I felt like I was being enveloped in tenderness." In the harmony of flowers woven together, a sense of happiness overflows.
Centering around "Iris", which is said to be the elixir of love, the enchanting fragrance has a floral bouquet-like powdery impression with delicate lingering notes. -
Imagination – A Switch to Taste the Depth of Adulthood
With exquisite nuances of freshness and smokiness, "Imagination" has a masculine aspect to it and also a sense of transparent clarity. "It's a cool scent. I'd like to wear it when I'm looking all dashing in a suit with my hair up. I don't usually wear spicy or smoky scents, but I think it would be nice to use it as an "accent" to create a contrast with a sweet fragrance."
The amber and black tea create a bold and contemporary expansion of fresh notes for adults. -
Le Jour Se Lève – An Elegant Moment to Enjoy the Flow of Time
"Le Jour Se Lève", which means "Dawn", has a fresh mandarin scent that signals the beginning of the day, and has a fruity and floral scent that evokes the mysterious mood of morning mist. "Seems like you can enjoy the changes in fragrance as time goes by. I'd like to put it on before going to bed and be wrapped in this scent all night long until I wake up in the morning. There is also a certain hint of astringency to it that I like."
It is a fragrance with character and depth combining the freshness of mandarin and blackcurrant with sambac jasmine, creating the image of the morning light at dawn. -
L'Immensité – Lingering Bitterness Tracing Memories of Travel
"L'Immensité" bursts with ginger and grapefruit to create a fresh and juicy fragrance and has a lingering essence of maturity carried by ambergris. "My first impression is that it has somewhat of a calming aroma. It has a slight bitter nuance to it, but it's also light, so it seems like it would fit well for travel. The imagery that it evokes in my mind is a coastal location like Jeju Island or Okinawa. I want to be wrapped in this fragrance while gazing at the sea."
The zesty accents from the ginger and grapefruit, along with the marriage of ambergris, creates a fresh yet bitter mood. -
Attrape-Rêves – The Alluring New Sweetness of Airy Cocoa
Yuta says he enjoys fragrances even at home. "Not only do fragrances help me switch on and off, but by also wearing fragrances at home, I can keep my motivation up so that I don't completely switch off. When I'm at home, I'm in the mood for something sweet, and this fragrance is just perfect for that. It has just the right sweetness for when I want to relax."
The sweetness of cocoa's light fragrance, combined with peony, lychee, patchouli, and ginger, creates a new interpretation of sweetness.
✽ ✽ ✽
You can still buy your copy of the magazine here.
The "Journeys of Perfume" section of this magazine feature has a free web version available here.
You can also watch YUTA's ASK ME ANYTHING with ELLE JAPAN
here (with ENG SUBS).

Comments
Post a Comment