YUTA on GQ JAPAN – 2023 June Issue

YUTA on GQ JAPAN – 2023 June Issue
Released on
Words by Takeshi Sato
Translated by @cloudNYT

DESERT STORM

YUTA ✕ LOUIS VUITTON, The Latest Looks Woven by Light and Shadow

NCT 127 YUTA, who continues to challenge himself on the world stage, was greatly stimulated by LOUIS VUITTON's latest collection, which has the concept of a modern adventurer's wardrobe traveling in the desert.

LOUIS VUITTON STORY

Stimulate A Sense of Adventure

"I've had a lot of opportunities to wear various outfits, but LOUIS VUITTON makes me feel more confident."

After the photoshoot ended, YUTA gave his impressions with a big smile on his face.

"First of all, the designs are all attractive, and I think that the smoothness of the materials and the supple sensation felt as they touch the skin give a special feeling."

The theme of the LOUIS VUITTON 2023 Fall/Winter Men's Pre-Collection is based on the wardrobe of a modern explorer crossing the desert. The desert also serves as a metaphor for cities changing at a rapid pace.

"I'm drawn to functional materials and items with silhouettes that are easy to move in. The underlying theme of LOUIS VUITTON is 'travel', but from this collection, I felt that it wasn't just about travel. It also gave a sense of challenge and adventure."

It has been 10 years since he went to South Korea in 2012 to become a singer, but recently he stayed in Japan for about two months to film the TV Tokyo drama Cool Doji Danshi.

"This is the first time I've spent such a long time in Japan since I went to South Korea, but I still feel really at ease here. After 10 years of doing this, I would now like to challenge an intense musical style that has not been seen in K-POP so far. Also, singing is my only hobby. There are people around me who are starting to play golf, so I also want to find myself a hobby in my private life."

YUTA expressed his desire to challenge himself both as a singer and in his personal life. This collection, which stimulates a sense of adventure, resonates with his current mindset.

✽ ✽ ✽


You can still buy your copy of the magazine here. The publication's official list of online retailers can also be found here.

You can also support YUTA by engaging with the free web version of this magazine feature here.

You can also watch YUTA's 10 Essentials with GQ JAPAN here (with ENG SUBS).

Comments