YUTA on Oggi – 2023 June Issue

YUTA on Oggi – 2023 June Issue
Released on
Translated by @cloudNYT

NCT 127's Yuta Nakamoto makes his first appearance in Oggi!

Yuta Nakamoto is the only Japanese member of the global group NCT 127. He is the No. 1 most followed Japanese male celebrity on Instagram and has recently made his drama debut in Cool Doji Danshi (TX). Nakamoto-san, who is active in multiple fields, talked about the charm of NCT 127, behind-the-scenes stories from his drama appearance, and his goals for the future.

"I will not stop moving forward. I want to keep evolving."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Yuta Nakamoto from NCT 127. I am usually active in Korea, but recently I have also been challenging acting in a Japanese drama, and gradually expanding the range of my activities."

"I want to show a cool image, but people often tell me, "Your smile is cute," so I guess my smile is my charming point. My strengths and weaknesses lie in having rich sensitivity to everything. In fact, I cry very easily. There are days when I feel like crying as a means to refresh myself, and when those moments of "I feel like crying for some reason" come, I sometimes watch touching dramas or videos and cry."

What Yuta Nakamoto considers as the strength of the global group NCT 127

"The strength of NCT 127 is that it's multinational and each member has a unique personality. I don't think that it causes us to fight with each other. Instead, it creates synergy within the group in a positive way."

"The NCT 127 song that I want to recommend the readers is "Kick It". Just as what the lyrics say, I hope everyone can overcome their traumas and fiercely surpass their yesterday's self."

His similarities with Hayate Ichikura, the character he plays in the drama Cool Doji Danshi

"I was so happy when I received the offer to appear in the drama Cool Doji Danshi. Since it's my first time acting in a drama, I felt a sense of nervousness about whether I would do well, so I watched the anime after it was decided."

"In playing Hayate Ichikura, I thought a lot about how I could express the characteristics of Hayate that I didn't have, like his sense of shame. To be honest, I myself am very clumsy, so I feel very similar to Hayate in that regard."

"There is a scene in the anime where Hayate was about the drink from a plastic bottle without opening the cap, and it's something I have definitely done myself. The only difference is that I don't feel embarrassed when I go like, "I did it again!" (laughs)."

Cool but clumsy people that don't do things deliberately are charming

"The members of NCT 127 also forget things a lot, so everyone is clumsy! We might actually be similar in that regard. And, without exception, the members do not get embarrassed either (laughs)."

"The charm of cool but clumsy people is that their actions are not deliberately done, right? When it comes to doing things naturally without thinking, I think people feel the charm of "This person unconsciously made a mistake. Cute!""

"However, one thing I felt while filming the drama is that everyone in the world is somewhat cool and clumsy (laughs)."

Wanting to always be grateful to the people surrounding him

"Through the photoshoot with Oggi this time, I once again felt the charm of wearing suits."

"Because of my job, I get to experience various things in terms of clothing and makeup. I believe that what you wear and put on can change your life. When I put on the suit jacket, my back naturally straightened up, and I realized once again how wonderful it is to be a working adult."

"There are many principles that I want to keep when I work, and the most important thing to me is keeping a sense of gratitude. As you grow older, your career progresses and you gain more confidence. And precisely because of the sense of responsibility that arises from this, there may be times when you start to be under the illusion that you can do everything on your own."

"I feel the same way, and I'm sure that everyone will experience such a time in their life. But there is no such thing as being able to do everything on your own, so I want to always be grateful to the people around me. I think that it makes work progress more smoothly."

The future vision that Yuta Nakamoto is aiming for

"In three years, or five years, or even when I reach my thirties, I don't want to stop moving forward. I want to keep evolving and live vibrantly."

"I want to avoid falling into a rut, so I want to challenge myself with various things. Of course, there will be results and other things that come along with it, but whether or not I succeed, I'd like to become an adult who can confidently say, "No, this is fine. This is what I'm doing now.""


Suit Guys

NCT 127's Yuta Nakamoto appears in the June issue of Oggi. In an original story of Oggi's popular series "Suit Guys", he enthusiastically played the role of your (the reader's) colleague, who is a cool businessman. Bringing you scenarios that will make your heart pound. ♡

Play It Cool, Suit Guys

Trying to imagine...♡ "Yuta Nakamoto works at a TV station and is my colleague."

"I thought he was excellent at work, cool, and flawless, but when I got closer to him, I found that he had the strongest contrast from my initial impressions as he was actually "a little clumsy"."

This time, he was asked to act as…

He is in his sixth year at the TV station and is in charge of public relations. He is currently in charge of the promotions for the drama Cool Doji Danshi that airs in April. He is recognized as an ace in his department and is highly regarded for having a strong ambition, innovative ideas, and an uncompromising work ethic. His colleagues often think that he is cool and flawless, but in reality…

"Recently, my colleague Nakamoto-kun has caught my attention. He works fast, is polite, and is always cool and smart. But actually… he is a bit clumsy. I'm sure that I'm the only one who knows about this fact. By the way, it looks like he dropped a bunch of documents on the floor today."

"It's the day of the Cool Doji Danshi cast interview that Nakamoto-kun and I are in charge of. He shined brighter than anyone else while accompanying the camera man during the test shoot."

"Because Nakamoto-kun handled the interview flawlessly, everything went smoothly. However, the cue cards were held upside down today."

"I went to a lunch meeting with Nakamoto-kun. He said he wanted to try a new approach to advertising that breaks away from the usual approach. All of the suggestions he gave were well thought out and the traces of his hard work could be felt."

"The deadline for the proposal was hastened, and the two of us had to work overtime…"

"We got a lot closer and had a casual conversation for the first time. When I told him that I would do my best not to be a burden to Nakamoto-kun, who excels at work, he said, "That's not true at all. I'm surprisingly clumsy (laughs), so let's do our best together.""

✽ ✽ ✽


As of the time this was posted, Oggi – 2023 June Issue is out of stock on online shops. Feel free to reconfirm its stock availability from the publication's official list of online retailers linked here.

You can still support YUTA by engaging with the free web version of this magazine feature linked below.

You can also watch the behind-the-scenes of the photoshoot here.

Cool Doji Danshi is now available on DVD and Blu-ray with ENGLISH SUBTITLES. Check out the product details and find available purchasing options here.

Comments