YUTA 1st Solo Photobook "Now" Press Conference

YUTA 1st Solo Photobook "Now" Press Conference
Air date:
Translation and Subtitles by @cloudNYT

[ENG SUB] Full Video (1080p):

[!] Do NOT repost or re-upload my videos without permission.


[ENG TRANSLATION] Full Text Transcription:

YUTA: I look forward to your questions.

HOST: Yuta, you just had back-to-back shows on the 17th and 18th. Aren't you tired?
YUTA: I'm not tired at all! But I'm more nervous doing this (laughs).

HOST: More nervous about the press conference than being on stage?
YUTA: Yes, it makes me nervous.

HOST: Well then, I'd like to ask you a few questions about your photobook.
YUTA: Yes. Please go ahead.

HOST: First of all, you spent three days in early June shooting the photos in Seoul. Can you share your thoughts when you finally had the book in your hands?
YUTA: I was thrilled when I was told I'd be shooting my first photobook. Plus, it's been exactly 12 years since I moved to Korea in 2012. It's no exaggeration to say that Seoul is the city that made me who I am today, so I was really happy I got to shoot my first photobook here. From start to finish, whether looking at it subjectively or objectively, I feel like this photobook was able to capture the person I am today, so I was very happy after seeing it.

HOST: When you first heard about doing the photobook, what kind of photobook did you envision creating before shooting began?
YUTA: With the concept of "now", which is also the title of the photobook, I wanted to capture the sides of myself that would make fans happy – a cute face, something sexy, something a bit funky, a cool expression, or something sexy – all of which I am able to show because of who I am now. It's really difficult to explain in words, but it's a matter of feeling that includes things like makeup, how I present myself, and even my hairstyle. I had specific ideas of how I wanted things to look, and together with the chemistry I had with the photographer, I think we were able to produce something that can only be captured as the person I am right now. I chose the title "Now" with that meaning in mind.

HOST: In this photobook titled "Now", there were requests earlier from the photographers for both a cool YUTA and a cute YUTA, but I think both of these sides are definitely included in the photobook.
YUTA: Yes.

HOST: Which side is closer to the real YUTA?
YUTA: The real me!? The fans will definitely choose my cute side. There are cute photos in the photobook that I'm sure they'll love. There are also some that might make you go, "Isn't that a bit risqué?" I thought about which side is more like me, but ultimately, I always first think about the fans who like me. When I do something cool, cute, or do various other things, my fans are always my top priority. The very act of considering these things is all part of who I am. Both the cool and cute sides are present, but I take photos with my fans in mind first. I think that taking photos with those feelings in mind is what makes it all me.

HOST: So both the cute and cool sides represent the real you?
YUTA: But… I want to be told I'm cool! I want to be a cool and dandy guy.

HOST: The word "dandy" was a key word in the interview.
YUTA: Right. I really admire men who have sex appeal, but having a bit of a clumsy side is very much like me. I've been thinking that a lot recently.

HOST: You spent three whole days shooting this solo project. You're usually active as part of your group NCT 127. Were there any difficulties or perhaps positive aspects in creating a project entirely on your own?
YUTA: I didn't face any particular difficulties. Of course, we can rely on each other when working in the group, but there have been frustrations building up from things I couldn't do within the team. So this time, with my solo activities, whether it's the photobook, the album, or the showcase, I strongly felt that I needed to let those frustrations explode somewhere; otherwise, I probably wouldn't be able to keep going. I think this photobook and the various solo activities coming up will create a good balance alongside my work with the team.

HOST: Do you feel confident that the experiences from your current solo activities are something you can utilize within your team and in your own future?
YUTA: That's right. Starting with this photobook, I was able to bring life to what I'd been envisioning and what I'd been wanting to do. I think that being able to take the first step will lead to new hopes for the future.

HOST: Thank you for your answer.

HOST: With this photobook, what kind of responses have you received from your parents, NCT members, and other people close to you?
YUTA: Well, I wonder what… I think my mom has probably bought around 100 copies already. I wonder if the members have seen it… We don't really share our thoughts on each other's solo activities, but I feel a bit shy about them seeing it. Still, I want them to see it. I'll have the chance to go back to Korea soon, so I'd like to give the members a copy.

HOST: Thank you for your answer.

HOST: This is a typical question for photobooks, but can you tell us which photo is your favorite?
YUTA: First of all, I really like this cover. While shooting this photobook, I realized, "My face is so asymmetrical from left to right!" This particular shot made me realize again how this is definitely an asset of mine.

HOST: Among all the cute and cool photos, his favorite shot is…
YUTA: This photo of me screaming with my mouth wide open, with the Han River behind me, feels very liberating to me. I feel like it captures the kind of music and style I want to pursue moving forward. I think it very much reflects a sense of innocence within me and the energy I've kept hidden inside, so it's definitely my favorite shot.
By the way, I know for sure which photo my fans will love. Just a moment. I was looking at it thinking, "They'll definitely like this kind of photo." So I think I'm able to view it objectively. I feel like fans probably like these photos that capture a more natural and gentle atmosphere.

HOST: Each photo shows a different side of you.
YUTA: That's right. They both show different sides of my inner self.

HOST: Thank you. These were the main questions we have prepared to ask, but if anyone here today has further questions, I would like to ask you to raise your hands. How does that sound?
YUTA: Yes, please go ahead.

PRESS: Do you have any fun anecdotes from shooting this photobook?
YUTA: The best part was visiting places like Myeongdong, Itaewon, the Han River, and Dongdaemun. I used to go to these places a lot when I was a trainee, but ever since debuting, I haven't been there much, so shooting this photobook in places I used to visit as a trainee and feeling the atmosphere of those streets again was really great.

PRESS: Thank you.
YUTA: Of course.

YUTA: Please go ahead.
PRESS: In line with the title "Now", please tell us something you're currently passionate about or really into.
YUTA: I'm currently in the middle of doing my showcase, so I'm very passionate about delivering my music to all the fans.

PRESS: Do you have anything that you do in your private life?
YUTA: In my private life? Hmm... I usually listen to music to relieve stress. Hmm… Oh, right! Aside from music, I really like visiting shrines. I also enjoy hiking. I really like going for walks in places with lots of nature to relax.

PRESS: Do you have a spot you can recommend?
YUTA: I haven't been there yet, and I don't actually know the name of it, but Dori Sakurada, who I worked with in a drama, also really likes visiting shrines, and I heard there's a shrine along the hiking trail he mentioned. He told me that we should go there someday, so I'm thinking of trying to go if I have time in November. It's a place I'd like to check out.

PRESS: Thank you.
YUTA: Of course.

PRESS: For this debut showcase, you'll be performing in your hometown of Kadoma, and I'm sure you're really looking forward to it, so could you tell us about your enthusiasm for the show?
YUTA: Enthusiasm… Since it will also fall on my birthday, fans and other people have been asking me a lot about my enthusiasm for performing in Osaka. But no matter what region or country I perform in, the level of enthusiasm or passion that I feel doesn't really change. I'm not planning to put in more effort just because it's Osaka. I just want to do my best just like I do for every performance.

HOST: Do you have a final message for your fans out there?
YUTA: Yes. First of all, thank you so much for coming despite your busy schedules. I have so many things that I want to do from this point forward, both in the team and as an individual. I'll keep working hard so that I can continue to make more and more photobooks. Personally, I hope the next one can be shot overseas, so I'll do my best in my future activities to make this happen. I hope all the fans will continue supporting me along the way.

HOST: Alright. Thank you very much. Well then, does this work for everyone?
YUTA: Thank you very much.
HOST: Alright, thank you. We will conclude today's press conference here. Thank you all very much for coming today.


PHOTO SESSION

PRESS: Could you please do a cute pose next?
YUTA: What kind of pose?
PRESS: If you could do a heart, please.
YUTA: I'm not doing hearts today, sorry.
PRESS: Oh, sorry about that!
(Does a cute pose anyway)
PRESS: Thank you so much!
PRESS: Excuse me, can you please look over here?
YUTA: Alright.
PRESS: Can you do the same pose that can be seen on the cover?
PRESS: Thank you very much. So cool! Now, can you make it a bit cuter, please?
PRESS: That's it! Perfect! This is great.
PRESS: Thank you so much.

✽ ✽ ✽


Please also watch the original video of the press conference here.

You can still buy your copy of the photobook here.

Listen to YUTA's 1st Mini Album "Depth" here: Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | YouTube Music

Purchase YUTA's 1st Mini Album "Depth" here.

Comments