YUTA at Home Transcript Introducing the Songs in "TWISTED PARADISE"
YUTA at Home Transcript Introducing the Songs in "TWISTED PARADISE"
Air dates: &
Translated by @cloudNYT
[T/N: This is a partial transcript of excerpts from the YUTA at Home radio episodes aired on 2025.05.15 and 2025.06.19, focusing on Yuta talking about his first single album "TWISTED PARADISE".]
YUTA at Home
Everyone, it's finally here. My first single, "TWISTED PARADISE", has been released! Yeah! Please listen to it a lot, okay?
This time, right up until the very last minute, I was torn about whether to go with a really heavy rock track or not, but in the end, I wanted the single to be something where I could show a slightly different side of myself. I think you were all probably like, "Oh? So this is the direction he went with!"
This time, I personally made the offer to Mika Ninagawa-san [to direct the music video]. I discussed with her, asking if she could capture the madness that lies within perfect beauty. I think we were able to capture visuals that match "TWISTED PARADISE". I myself am so glad that I she was the one who filmed it.
This time, I didn't compose the song itself, but I did get to write the lyrics. What I wanted to convey is that right now, with so many social media platforms and various tools available, people can pick out one thing and say "this person is weird" or "that person is like this", how should I put it… A norm has been created where it's become easy to judge things objectively while looking down from above. It's an era where you don't even have to show your face and can remain anonymous. But if you really think about it, the people who pick on and criticize others saying "they're weird" or "that person is strange" might actually be acting that way because of the pressure or anxiety they've experienced. One single comment of yours might actually be creating those kinds of people. That's the kind of meaning I put into the song.
Next up is my new song "When I'm Not Around." This one is full-on rock. It's got a bit of that "It doesn't matter, go for it" kind of playful nuance that I always have. I really like the part that goes "Kankeinee yatchaina (It doesn't matter, go for it)". When you're feeling stuck, whether it's an important exam, an audition, a job interview, or when you feel like you're about to lose to yourself, I hope this song can give you all the courage to say, "It doesn't matter, just go for it!"
YUTA at Home
[Talking about NCT 127's 4th Tour Neo City – The Momentum] It's been a while since we've been to America or North America, and I think we were there for about two or three weeks. During the "Origin" tour, I still had to check with my manager like, "Is it okay if I go here?" But for this tour, I could go out when I wanted, eat when I wanted to eat, and drink when I wanted to drink. I got to enjoy it in a different way.
I also went to an art museum. Right. The paint scene in "TWISTED PARADISE" was inspired by a painting I saw when I visited an art museum in New York. It began with me saying "I'd like to try something like this", which then led to that paint scene, and with that, we were able to successfully produce a beautiful image.
"TWISTED PARADISE" had already begun from "The Momentum". Seeing and feeling various things, eating all kinds of food – it was a very fulfilling tour. Thank you so much.
✽ ✽ ✽
You can listen to the following YUTA at Home Episodes here:
- [RAW] 2025.05.15 YUTA at Home (courtesy of ForeverYU)
- [RAW] 2025.06.19 YUTA at Home (courtesy of ForeverYU)
Listen to YUTA's 1st Single Album "TWISTED PARADISE" here: Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | YouTube Music
Purchase a physical copy of YUTA's 1st Single Album "TWISTED PARADISE" here.

Comments
Post a Comment