YUTA on KBC Radio's Kitemasu. K for "TWISTED PARADISE"
YUTA on KBC Radio's Kitemasu. K for "TWISTED PARADISE"
Air date:
Translation and Subtitles by @cloudNYT
[ENG SUB] YUTA Interview + Hosts' Commentary:
[!] Do NOT repost or re-upload my videos without permission.
[ENG TRANSLATION] Text Transcript:
YUTA's Charms
Kyoko: What I think is appealing about Yuta is that he's truly wonderful both as a person and as an artist. When everyone's together, he's not the type to put the spotlight on himself. If anything, he's rather reserved, but he really watches over his fans and members. His attentiveness and consideration are amazing.
Hyoni: Like a big brother figure.
Kyoko: Exactly! And when something happens, he'll gently stay by your side. That's how he is. On top of that, he's deeply trusted by the other members. But once he starts performing, he completely transforms and becomes passionate and energetic. In key moments, he'll hype up the crowd shouting something like "Can you do it, Tokyo?!" and pumps up the entire venue.
Hyoni: He switches modes.
Kyoko: Yes. NCT 127's live stages have a reputation for being amazing, and I think Yuta's presence plays a big role in that. So I think he's someone who embodies hardness and softness, strength and gentleness all together.
Hyoni: Wow! That's amazing!
YUTA Interview
Kyoko: Well then, thank you for waiting. Now, let's hear some comments from NCT YUTA. I'll be supplementing the questions. Here it is.
YUTA: Hello to everyone listening to "Kitemasu. K" and to Kyoko Kato-san. This is YUTA from NCT. I've received a lot of questions, so I'd like to answer a number of them.
Kyoko: Your previous album had a rock flavor. What kind of album have you created this time? Also, is there anything unexpected that might surprise everyone?
YUTA: Yeah, so the first thing I hope will surprise everyone is the music video. I got to work with Mika Ninagawa-san this time. I think the highlight of it is seeing the collision between her distinctive worldview and my own expressive ability. And more than anything, the melody is really beautiful. I want everyone to really soak it in as they listen. As for the lyrics, I hope the listeners who are wondering, "What is he trying to convey?", will take some time to think it over.
Kyoko: All the album jacket photos have completely different concepts and are all really great. Is there a photo that you like the most or that left a strong impression on you?
YUTA: I think the design really captures the essence of the title "TWISTED PARADISE". Like the rose thorns running across the album sleeve. In the Dystopia Version of the album cover, you can see that there's actually a slight smile on my face. So I think that's the photo that best represents the worldview of the album.
Kyoko: If you were to hold a listening party for "TWISTED PARADISE" with Czennies and Yutamis, what kind of dress code would you set?
YUTA: (Laughs) Sounds fun. A listening party, huh? That's what's popular these days. That's a tough one. For instance, what should it be… Ah! How about having everyone bring a flower that they like? I think that would be nice. Everyone can exchange flowers with someone they don't know. How does that sound? Like a "Why did you bring that flower?" kind of thing. It'd be like bringing whatever flower matches your mood that day. That sounds like it would be fun.
Kyoko: If you have any behind-the-scenes stories from filming the music video, we'd love to hear them. Unexpected happenings are welcome too.
YUTA: Ah… I fell down spectacularly. Like, really hard! Well, I'm sure they won't end up using that footage, but wait, I want them to include it, actually. Because even after falling, I still kept going. Like, why is that person still going even after falling like that? It actually adds character to it, and I think it works well. I'll talk about it again when the music video is released. It probably won't be used, though.
Kyoko: Can you tell us the thought that was put into the title "TWISTED PARADISE"?
YUTA: For "TWISTED PARADISE", it's about how everyone believes they're righteous, thinking, "that person's messed up", and convinced that others feel the same, they end up joining everyone in saying it. Nowadays, it's easy to jump on the bandwagon like that, right? So when someone starts falling apart, others either worry about them, or sometimes even look down on them. The person or thing that you're targeting with the words you're spitting out, whatever it is, perhaps you're the one who actually brought it into being. You might just find yourself being the one who people talk about like that too. Chances are, you're more likely to be one of the contributing factors that help create those situations. That's the kind of message I've put into it.
Kyoko: Your talk show is coming up soon. The Fukuoka show will be held on June 22, Sunday, at ACROS Fukuoka Event Hall. Please tell us about your enthusiasm and what to look forward to.
YUTA: It's been a really long time since I've done a show in Fukuoka, so that alone makes me super excited. I always say this, but the audience will only be filled with people who like me, right? So it's already guaranteed to be fun. I've prepared some performances too, so I hope everyone comes and have fun with me. I'll be waiting.
Kyoko: I'm sure you're continuing to take on challenges and living each day to the fullest. When you celebrate your birthday in October, you'll finally be in your 30s. Is there anything you want to do while you're still in your 20s, or anything you're looking forward to in your 30s?
YUTA: Well, of course, I think you should do the things you want to do while you're in your 20s. I think those are the years where you can be really aggressive in your own pursuits, so I really hope people trust their own instincts and act on them. But the number one thing I wish I had done in my 20s is learning how to evaluate people better. When you get into your 30s or late 20s, just as everyone expects, while there are good people, there are also plenty of bad ones. While you're in your 20s, I really think it's good to get into the habit of evaluating people's character when you interact with them, so you'll know how to respond flexibly when you're placed in certain situations. That's what I think now.
Kyoko: There's been a lot of talk lately about how amazing your visuals are. How does one achieve that? What do you usually pay attention to the most? For example, things like having a positive mindset, skincare, or diet.
YUTA: That's making me shy. But isn't everyone unique in their own way? I also have days when I feel a bit puffy, or days when I feel like I don't look good on camera, you know? But everyone always says I look good? And won't tell me when I don't. Well, I guess I moisturize. And exercise and do half-body baths. It's really just the basic stuff. And natto. I eat lots of natto.
Kato-san, thank you for always supporting 127 so much. Lastly, please listen to "BAD EUPHORIA" by YUTA. That's all from me. Bye bye!
Unpacking YUTA's Interview Answers
Kyoko: You're listening to "BAD EUPHORIA" by YUTA. This is Kyoko Kato with Hyoni. Every Tuesday's Hirumani is "Kitemasu. K"! Honestly, we really wanted to play "TWISTED PARADISE" but...
Hyoni: We really did.
Kyoko: It's being released tomorrow at 6:00 PM, so unfortunately, we couldn't play it today. But this morning on TV, they showed some footage of the music video production, and I think they played a snippet of the chorus. It's such a beautiful song!
Hyoni: But like with the song "BAD EUPHORIA", I'm anticipating whether it's going to have a rock flavor.
Kyoko: Right. This time… Sorry, I actually already listened to the song beforehand... It sounds so grand yet so delicate! Wow! It sounds like a movie soundtrack… how should I put it? It's definitely a masterpiece that will be remembered for generations. Really!
Hyoni: I'm looking forward to it!
Kyoko: And with Mika Ninagawa…
Hyoni: Who directed the music video, right?
Kyoko: Yes. The music video will also be released tomorrow at 6:00 PM. I'm really looking forward to it.
Hyoni: Ah, I can't wait!
Kyoko: Wait, more importantly, what did you think about Yuta's answers? It's…
Hyoni: It's like he really thought everything through properly. You could really feel his genuine thoughts.
Kyoko: Right. I want to touch on every single answer, but what stood out to you the most?
Hyoni: The part about being in your 30s (laughs).
Kyoko: Right. "What do you want to do while you're still in your 20s?" And "What are you looking forward to in your 30s?" When I asked those questions, what I expected was since he has now made his solo debut, released a photobook, is active as an actor, and is really soaring as an artist, I thought he'd give a more driven answer.
Hyoni: I thought so too! Something like "I want to take on new challenges in my career" or "I want to try so and so".
Kyoko: "I'm going to expand as an actor" or "I'm going to do a world tour". I thought those were the kind of answers we'd be getting, but he unexpectedly gave us a very profound response.
Hyoni: That's right. It was surprising!
Kyoko: You know, Yuta
seems like such a straightforward and honest person, but I wonder if he ever
trusted someone and ended up being betrayed or hurt.
Hyoni: Right.
Kyoko: I couldn't help but think that.
Hyoni: But going abroad and being all on his own like that for the past 7 or 8 years, it must have been really tough. Yet still, he left such a heartfelt message to his fans.
Kyoko: Right. From Yuta-oppa (laughs).
Hyoni: Like a "that's life" message from oppa (laughs).
Kyoko: It does sound like that. But on the other hand, the fact that he's saying that there are good and bad people, and that you just need to cultivate an eye for discernment, makes me think that he's probably meeting good people now. Maybe he's encountered some wonderful people that are helping to expand his world, and is now wishing he had met these people sooner.
Hyoni: Definitely. That's probably why he's able to release such a beautiful and wonderful solo album like this.
Kyoko: That's what I want to believe.
Hyoni: That's what I believe.
Kyoko: Also, regarding the thoughts he put into "TWISTED PARADISE", he had recently released self liner notes along with the lyrics, and while you could understand his thoughts through the written text, hearing him explain it in his gentle voice makes it sink in on a deeper level.
Hyoni: Right. His response and feelings really came through. He seems like such a warm person.
Kyoko: Right. Instead of thoughtlessly jumping on the bandwagon because that's what society and everyone else are saying, he's telling us that it's important to make proper judgments ourselves and take responsibility for the choices we make and the words we speak. Yuta himself always uses such beautiful words filled with love.
Hyoni: It feels like his way of speaking is just inherently beautiful.
Kyoko: That's right. I feel like he's probably always mindful of that kind of thing.
Hyoni: How wonderful.
Kyoko: And I really hope they'll release behind-the-scenes of the music video. I don't know if the part where he fell will be included, but I definitely want them to show it in the behind-the-scenes.
Hyoni: That way, we'll get to see the real Yuta too.
Kyoko: That's right.
Hyoni: Ah! I can't wait!
YUTA's Empathy and Yutami's Affection
Kyoko: I think there are many different ways to show one's support. And there are probably a lot of people who want to go to live concerts or events but just can't. For example, they might be busy raising children, caring for someone, or might be dealing with illness. But what's great about Yuta is that he really understands those people too. I think he's able to see things from a wide range of perspectives. So he doesn't just see what's right in front of him, he also sees the bigger picture that's much far ahead. That's why I think he's able to speak with such kind words that don't hurt anyone. Yuta himself has a radio show called YUTA at Home. And even there, the words he chooses to use are really beautiful. And Yutami, his fans, cheer him on, hoping that a kindhearted person such as him will be happy.
Hyoni: It's because they love that side of him.
Kyoko: Exactly. And that's why almost everyone's like "Yuta, I wish you all the happiness in the world!". This relationship full of love is just so comforting to witness.
Hyoni: It's heartwarming. You can't help but feel really happy and envious.
Kyoko: I really love this kind of relationship too.
Hyoni: Ah, how lovely!
"TWISTED PARADISE" Reaction
Kyoko: Honestly, as a person, I think the song [TWISTED PARADISE] and the melody itself are absolutely wonderful. Hyoni, you heard a bit of it too, right?
Hyoni: I did. And I was like, "Huh!? Wait… What? This is Yuta's song? I didn't know when I first heard it, but it was so wonderful, and the melody really stuck with me, so I definitely want to listen to the whole thing again.
Kyoko: Right.
Hyoni: Yes.
Kyoko: There's a song that made us think "Ah! It has that kind of vibe." Right?
Hyoni: Yes. It kind of reminded me of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody".
Kyoko: Not exactly similar, but more like it has that kind of melody that keeps changing, and has lots of dramatic moments.
Hyoni: You get to hear so many different sides of Yuta's charming voice, and I think it's great.
Kyoko: His previous album "Depth" had quite the rock flavor, but this time, it's a completely different Yuta, and I was like "Wow, this guy can really sing!"
Hyoni: He's so good. I was left completely floored.
Kyoko: And now, with the talk show coming up soon, I wonder if he'll perform it there?
Hyoni: Ah! That sounds exciting!
Kyoko: I'm really looking forward to it!
✽ ✽ ✽
Listen to YUTA's 1st Single Album "TWISTED PARADISE" here: Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | YouTube Music
Purchase a physical copy of YUTA's 1st Single Album "TWISTED PARADISE" here.

Comments
Post a Comment